Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Year In Review

Well folks....it's been a year!! It's been a year since I drove up to the Corbins house and saw the 'Welcome Home' sign on their house outside....for me!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed what this last year has done for The Commons, me, God's Kingdom, The Commons and me.

Let me start with The Commons.... When I first got here we had a regular attendance of maybe....50-70 folks...which is great! We were meeting in Post Middle School in Arlington. We had community group on Wednesday nights at the Corbins that would consist of 40 plus people...and kids....kids running around the house until bible study started. FUN! :-)

Since then The Commons has moved to a bigger elementary....Pioneer Elementary in Arlington and our attendance now runs over 100 on average. We have more space for the kids which was a huge concern at Post and just a great location.

Now let's look at me....not too long, you may hurt your eyes! When I first got here I was living with one our The Commons families and my cats were in another families house. It was 8 or 9 weeks before I found a place of my own. And it was on my 6 month anniversary that I found a job. But before finding my job I went through one of the roughest seasons of my life. And I have been through some stuff....but never with God. He was showing me how to depend on Him. I had a relationship with Him....but I wasn't dependent....huge difference. And I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. If He brought me here for only that....it was worth every tear, cry, yell, laugh, smile and love that has deepened and understanding of what He wants from me....every day of my life.

Thanks for being there folks!

--me

No comments: