Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ramblings.....

I have a problem with consistency....as is visible with this blog. I have a problem streamlining things in my head...thoughts.....tasks. If I don't write it down on a piece of paper...it wont' get done. And in all honesty even if it gets written down it's not always done.
That brings me to another point. I used to write. I have a boat load of poems that I wrote many, many moons ago. Granted...none of them are award winning but I remember I enjoyed it for the most part. None of them were anything exciting....mostly all on the subject of Love...because I'm a girl. And maybe I don't write anymore about 'Love' because I have found the greatest of loves....God. But don't you think I might start writing about His love?!? Hasn't happened.
Then let's talk about reading. I read the Harry Potter books quicker than I have ever read anything. I read a certain series about a certain vampire and a girl even quicker!! Is this what I want to spend my time reading? Not always but it is a nice break. Put me on a plane and give me only one option and I will read through a Erwin McManus book and underline the crap out of it....but once I'm off the plane...it won't be picked up. Only for a reference.
If you asked me what I enjoy doing....I don't know where to start. I LOVE being with people. And at the same time...I'm ok with sitting on my couch watching my DVR'd shows with popcorn and Dr. Pepper. But then I look back at that sentence and think....really Kathy?! You could be bettering yourself by reading or writing....a letter, a card, a poem, a blog, a newsletter....but instead....you eat!?
Something has to change, right?!
I know I'm hard on myself. And trust me folks, I do know that it's not the only thing that I do...but I want to finish that book and write that poem. Or do I?! Maybe the better question is....what motivates me to finish anything??

....

No comments: