Tuesday, April 13, 2010

God's Blessing

I am soooo thrilled and excited this morning....I don't even know where to start!!  God has placed some women on my heart...heavily!  One of which was just baptized on Sunday!  I cried...I praised God for her salvation!  
Earlier that week Tim had asked me if I would be willing to evangelize and I said sure!!  Then I asked him what that meant.  I didn't know.  This wasn't a term I was familiar with so we talked about it.  When you realize that you are asking someone if they are going to Heaven or not and if they were to die today would they know where they are going....is a bit scary!!  Now I don't normally have a problem talking but this was serious.  
So back to my friend that was baptized.  She and I had been hanging out and I had asked if she was ready for it but she felt she wasn't.  After Easter's message and me asking her about it a few days later she sent an email to Tim asking if it was too late for her to be baptized on Sunday.  Well of course it wasn't .  So Tim charged me with 'sealing the deal' with her since he was out of town.  Not that anybody's salvation is a 'light' thing to consider...but I just felt a huge amount of responsibility.  I talked with her and she was ready!  We were crying before she even walked into the sanctuary!!  It was truly inspiring to see this and wonderful.  I'm so excited about where God is going to take her in her walk with Him.  Who knows?!  
I led the women's bible study last night.  We started Crazy Love by Francis Chan which is just a great book.  This morning I got the best message of encouragement....she said, 


'So after last night I just wanted to let you know how much I look up to you!! I had no idea that YOU have gone through any of those feelings and had some of the same thoughts that I have. In my mind you are sooooo strong and full of faith. I honestly use you as an example as where I would like to be someday in my relationship with God and just as an awesome person!! I'm sure I am not the only one that feels this way either!! So I love you and always keep your head up!'


This just made me beam up at my Father....for it's Him that I hope shines through me.  And then I am starting a single-ish girls group and there is one of the girls that I wanted to make sure would come along but she has a baby boy....well I didn't have anyone for childcare.  I found someone!!  So I sent her a message and this is how she replied, 


'im excited! thanks for keeping bugging me about it because that is what i neeeeed! seriously if i dont respond just keep writing me emails facebooks and anything because i wasnt going to go but then i was like wait.. what am i thinking! this is what i need right now.. good people and good environment and good conversation.. seriously! i love you kathy!'


I couldn't have asked for a better morning!!  This has just been a good day!!


Last night...I was talking to my boyfriend....telling him that I wanted to have dinner for the girls on these nights and that I was going to go ahead and do it.  He asked if the church was going to pay for it and I said that I was going to try to get the girls to chip in and pay for the food.  He said that he wanted to take care of it!!  So he will be paying for all the food so I don't have to worry about this!!  God is so good!!  Thank you Jesus!!

No comments: